Famke Jewelry Design
These faceted structure earrings are whimsical and unusual, playing with hard lines and geometry. Handmade in sterling silver by artist Famke Koene, each angle and joint are slightly different, making no two sets the same. One earring is also slightly smaller than the other to add playfulness. The result is visually captivating and poetic in its simplicity.
- Crafted from sterling silver
- No two joints or angles are the same
- Hanging length of longer earring is 1.77” (4.5 cm) & is 0.59” (1.5 cm) at its widest
- Hanging length of shorter earring is 1.57” (4 cm) & is 0.70” (1.8 cm) at its widest
- Handmade in South Africa by artist Famke Koene
Famke Koene is a natural hoarder, lover of worn objects and odd angular shapes. Her aim is to foster a greater appreciation for geometric structures that people most often view as cold and impersonal. Famke believes they carry more depth than what their hard purpose driven exterior suggests and explores this by combining them with natural or found objects, helping people to view geometry in a different way. Playing with hard lines and nostalgia, the worlds of fashion, design and art merge, resulting in pieces, which are both visually captivating and poetic in their simplicity.