Gold and Blue Iolite Pebble Pond Ring
Inspired by pebbles in a still pond, this one of a kind matte sterling silver and gemstone cocktail ring is elegant and unusual. Crafted and cut entirely by hand by artist Frieda Lühl, it features seven 18-carat gold vermeil disks and is dotted with ten shimmering blue iolite stones, fittingly also known as water-sapphires.
- Hand-carved matte sterling silver ring with 7 18-carat gold vermeil disks & 10 blue iolite stones
- Each stone has been hand selected by the artist
- Ring face is 1.8” (4.8 cm) across in length by 1.1” (2.8 cm) in width
- Ring will fit a size 6.25 to 6.5
- Handmade in South Africa by artist Frieda Lühl
Frieda Lühl grew up on a cattle farm in Namibia and trained at the School of Jewelry in Schwaebisch Gmuend, Germany, culminating in an apprenticeship in Aachen. There she gained valuable experience with a variety of stones, often being able to design gemstones that would be cut from raw material. In 2004, Frieda moved to Cape Town to start her own workshop and has since exhibited her work throughout South Africa and Namibia. She believes the rich contrast in her upbringing is what gives her jewelry its distinct aesthetic – each piece is unique and she uses natural materials, which contrast in color, texture and density. She favors etched work, set with stones and impressive rings with bold graphic statements to captivate the wearer.